Monday, October 17, 2011

weekend happenings


We had such a busy weekend putting up the pine lining in the vaulted ceiling in the dining room, however we managed to take time out to go and order the tiles. As I blogged - we were hoping to meet Polly & Waz and Rod & Tania at the tile shops name relaunch but we missed them!! They had to leave early to get to other commitments  - we had a few little quivering lips - so on the way home we stopped in at Glenfyne cafe to try and put some smiles back on the kiddies faces... feeding the fish and playing in the gardens certainly changed their mood....




we admired their sensational gardens....


caught up with new friends ....


we had a peek at the chapel on site and were all in awe of it's beauty...


gorgeous old pews...


original old doors...


It is a breathtaking spot, and the hospitality is impeccable, as I have blogged before, I highly recommend a visit if you are out for a drive on the weekend..Maryanne and Danny are just gorgeous - we left with handfuls of goodies for the vegie patch again. It is such an amazing peaceful spot....

You can visit the website here ....

We finished the ceiling - 


almost.... and not without a few tense moments! Mr Right was not impressed to learn of my intention to have it painted white, he couldn't quite grasp why it wasn't just plastered...Hopefully, he will understand when he sees it painted and gets over the trauma of installing it .....

and we have a kitchen and vanities...

we also have painters today....

Pictures to come 

Thanks for visiting , 

Melissa xxx

2 comments:

  1. I KNEW it! You're local :) I thought the scenery looked familiar.
    We were going to go see Polly and Waz and Rod and Tania too but didn't. I did see Tania down the street in Warragul the other day though and I saw Rod at Warragul Sheet Metal when I had to go in there the other day and get stuff for the Mister! He told me to go 'visit my boyfriend' lol Ceiling is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to hear from you!!!