Monday, October 31, 2011

delicious stone icing for my benches


Here is my stone decision for all the bench tops in the house - Quantum Quartz Luna White.

As the stone mason measured, I lugged his sample book around the house with me, room to room, holding all the whites, greys, and latte tones up against the tiles, the walls and the cabinetry. I had already made a decision that I wanted white stone in the kitchen - as one can never ever ever EVER get enough white... The stone mason talked me out of a pure white, after he showed me what a car key does to the surface of a pure white stone bench and explained that pots, pans and utensils would do the same thing. Those who know me well, know that I cannot be delicate and gentle, rough and tumble is more me. So the fleck it was.

I thought I may have chosen a different tone for the bathrooms, a coffee latte tone to tie in with the floor tile but I just couldn't bring myself to introduce a third color into the room - symmetry and evens only for this girl!

So there it is - simple.... white stone.

Melissa xxx

5 comments:

  1. This is the same as my bench top!!!!! :) You won't regret it. I love mine, and the colour.

    Love, love, loving it all Melissa...*sigh, it's just SO pretty!"

    xxMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    Gorgeous bench top! I feel the same about white tones, symmetry and evens. Are you a Libran by any chance?

    Kel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike MB!! Kellie - not an airy libra, I'm an earthy girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Mel can't wait to see it all kitchen is looking fantastic. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have direct access to stone of unmatched beauty and rarity and with over 25 years of building experience, in-house architect and a complete supply, design and installation service. We can then advise you on a suitable stone for your project, ensure the quality and therefore provide you the best value for your natural stone choice.

    Stone Bench Tops

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to hear from you!!!