Sunday, October 30, 2011

painting progress

 Hello !! my gorgeous bloggy friends! I havn't posted for the last week as I have been lacking motivation after a lovely girls weekend  super super busy and suffering a spot of paint trauma......

It has taken me all week to get over the shock of seeing the walls inside the house, but they have finally grown on me...At first I was shocked at how light they were and instantly thought - what have I done!!!! That's what you get for just choosing from a color swatch and not having time to get sample pots... Well, I did have time but thought there was little point as the verandah is yet to go on and this will change the shade anyway...


All the walls have been finished, and the painter will be back next week to finish off the enamel paint on the windows, shirts and architraves.


Kitchen love xxxx


Island bench detail - oh and look at my window ledges - oh pinch me quick...
The nosing or little sweet window ledges were a last minute inclusion as I stood in the timber shop ordering the architraves and skirting boards. They are on all the kitchen windows, girls bedrooms, rumpus and bathroom and I LOVE them.


hallway...


finished vaulted ceiling, worth the pain and suffering of installing it, and looking gorgeous all painted white, even the daddy grunted his approval...


we enjoyed the combination of sunshine and mud yesterday


good little helpers - filling in the trench that has brought power into the house...I have power points!


cleaned up and out for a drive in the sun and rolling hills and we found a friend trying to cross the road...... Daddy took him back to the safety of the side of the road instead of the middle. After much begging to keep him, we moved on......


and found the sweetest ever little food and wine store tucked away in the hills of Kernot, with the scrummiest milkshakes and coffee


and enjoyed some cuddles in the sun... We also stopped at the most amazing function centre, which I will share photos of soon...

I promise I wont neglect you for as long again, but I really have found these stages of the house building process very chaotic....

This week gone at White Verandah:

 * made a final decision and ordered taps
* met with the stone mason, chosen and ordered stone
* electrician started to fit off
 * tiles delivered and being laid - we have floor tiles and one bathrooms with wall tiles!
* bath, basins, laundry trough, butlers pantry sink confirmed, paid for and should be here Thursday
* final decision, paid for and booked in carpet
* liased with builders for Verandah... was to start this week BUT of course, had to be re-engineered, redrawn and reapproved - oh the torture!!

So close, but oh so far - mirrors, door handles, kitchen lights, dishwasher, etc, etc - decisions, decisions....

Back soon - thanks so much for visiting...

Melissa xx

4 comments:

  1. Be still my beating heart! Melissa it is divine! More photos please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kitchen is going to be incredible! Lovely photos of you and the girls. Can't wait to see more house. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I likey likey likey!!! How exciting for you all.... And it's totally all in the detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. House looks great, Melissa! What colour have you used on the walls?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to hear from you!!!