Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Birthday Girl

I enjoyed my birthday last week and was lucky enough to be surrounded by friends and family that made it ever so special...Another year down and looking forward to all that the year ahead brings. January is always a time of reflection for me with a new year and birthday soon after...
This little baby is now mine - the little subtle hint left on my new years post on this blog was read by my gorgeous husband and he took the hint and made it my reality! He surprised me with a present that will bring me so much joy - now to learn how to use it - stay tuned.... Hopefully this means i will thrill you all with my new photography skills! I cant wait to point this camera at all the greatness that this year holds.

Another subscription to my all time favourite mag from my lovely siblings - third year running i think and oh the joy it brings when it arrives in the post office box, my heart jumps and i tear home, flick the kettle on and cant wait to devour every page!

A book from my granny nanny & pops and aunty, uncle and little cousins..This mans creations make my heart singggggg... I did get a quote from him to landscape my new big country garden however he charges a little (ok ALOT) out of our price range just for a sketch without the plants or work - so instead i will study this book and hopefully come up with something that resembles his work...Stay tuned.

I also got a gorgoues tea holder, Jamie Olivers new cook book and new pjs from mother dearest - which means i will have to deliver some delicious samples of his work... I love the way he cooks - rustic, simple flavours - (that line was for you my sweet xxx).

I feel blessed - thats all


Melissa xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow those are some lovely, lovely presents!

    Looking forward to seeing all your beautiful photos. I get Home Beautiful delivered too, but why does it always arrive on a Monday when I've been desperate all weekend to have breakfast in bed and read it?!!

    Jammies, cookbooks, magazines, books and a camera, I'd say that makes for a Perfect Birthday!

    xxMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MB - perfect birthday indeed!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to hear from you!!!