Saturday, January 21, 2012

Verandah love


The last two days i have watched with excitement out the windows, as almost twenty tradies have crawled over the house painting the windows and constructing THE verandah..... 

Our Daddy jokes that I would have indeed just been happy with a shipping container with a verandah... mmm possibly.......For the verandah is what i have really been waiting for..... They really just make my heart sing - not sure why....but they do and everyone around me has accepted it....Be prepared to be inundated with photos of her from every.single.angle...at.every.single.stage.

I love her already and the boys are only on day two of construction - expected to be finished by the end of the first week in Feb.... So enough words....

Oh except I am also suitably excited that all the yellow undercoat has been eradicated from her windows - they are now white.... I have the nail biting decision of what color to paint the house this weekend.... such a big decision white, white or white....I mean warm white, cool white, grey based white - arrrgghhhhh - any suggestions from fellow white lovers??







Excuse the photos taken a yesterdays gloomy afternoon, I promise there will be many more of her bathed in sunshine.... But to compensate - what about this little slice of sunshine i found roaming around the deck as i was snapping...sweetness xx

Melissa x

11 comments:

  1. Oh keep the pics coming, I am loving your house! From one building wife to another!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ! Definately more pics to come :))

      Delete
  2. Love love the verandah wow can't wait to see it 2morro along with the u guys have a catch, looking forward to seeing the girls an Scoutie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my sweetness x can't wait to see you tomorrow xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Nothing like a verandah to complete a house. It's the one thing I wish our house had as I love homes with them. Can't wait to see yours evolve.

    As for which white, such a hard decision as there's so many variations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think every girls loves verandahs Amanda ! I wanted one on our last house but couldn't - hence the big one on this home :))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful :). Your home looks amazing. I had a similar dilemma about the whites for the external colours - I ended up choosing Lexicon which is lovely but I think something with a bit more grey is a fantastic contrast to crisp white on window trims. There is a great post a few months ago now on A-M's blog about Dulux whites. The Resene colours are lovely too. Good luck! Whatever you choose will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much F.. I did look at Lexicon - is it too bright on the eyes in the sun? Ill have to have a look at A-M's post - thanks

      Delete
  6. Your house is looking amazing already Melissa. It's so much fun being able to watch along with you, thanks!
    I am a bit partial to Dulux White on White (grey base)and have painted 2 houses that colour.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you house seems to be coming along well. The last picture is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to hear from you!!!