It was recently my biggest girls 8th birthday and she decided on a sleepover party with a few special friends.
She wrote a list of games and activites that she would like to undertake at the party, and we decided we would try our best to fit them all in!! Very adventurous but we had so much fun! Miss Milly could not believe her luck when she discovered she earned an automatic invite to a "big girls party" and joined in with gusto. Charlotte was a model big sister and happily included her little sister in all the activities without hesitation = proud mama!
The "sleepover cake" - Charlotte and her friends
When the party was all over, miss Charlotte presented me with this * sighs* proud mama!
The years have absolutely flown by and miss Charlotte is growing into a gorgeous, sensitive, creative, althletic, all round gorgeous confident girl. We love you all the way to the moon and back sweet girl and hope your year ahead is filled with friendship, love and laughter (and your new cubby, painted white of course)!
Sometimes i just cant believe my eyes when i look at her, really STOP and look at her and see just how much she is growing up......
Not that we celebrate Valentines Day usually but why not spread the love??
I will put a little love letter in the kids lunch box and in Daddy's wallet tomorrow, i will carry smiles for everybody that I pass during the day (i'm interviewing several new staff tomorrow - what a great day to get me on the interview panel!), and i'll just go out of my way to spread a little more love than usual...
What a surprise I received when I clicked on to read one of my favourite blogs themamabearshouse.blogspot.com only to find that MB had awarded me *sighs in disbelief* the above award. Thankyou so much MB for reading my blog - I look forward to the always lovely comments you make!
I am new to the world of blogging and at first started this thing as nothing more than a space to document our move to the country, the experience of building our home and the time we spend with the girls...I never imagined people out there in blog land would ever be interested in our journey.. I am now amazed at the blog community and how much love, support and friendship happens in this gorgeous world of blogging, and i am so thankful to be part of it...
So it seems i must now share seven things about myself - here goes:
1. I am a frustrated social worker a couple of days a week working with seperated families in high conflict situations
2. My husband and i have known each other since our early teens
3. I am highly addicted to caffiene and definately cannot last the day with a few good brews
4. I am told by others that i say "I love it!!" alot
5. I am reduced to tears incredibly easily since having my two gorgeous girls - kleenex ads, watching my girls have fun, and especially if they are experiencing something special for the first time eg: concerts , etc *sighs and reaches for a tissue*
6. I think I call almost everyone I come across "love" , like someones old aunty Beryl.
7. I love my family more than life itself...I am still the luckiest girl in the world to have my paternal grandparents and thank God every single day for them. I am surrounded by lots of love - gorgeous girls , husband and the rest of the crazy bunch..
I am also seriously addicted to so many blogs out there that make my heart sing with divine images of all things design, children and just life itself.
I was originally inspired by the infamous A-M to start a blog of my own and have since come across so many more talented and inspiring women in my journey.. Rachael at A room for everyone is ever inspiring and basically my whole blog roll......